PhD and Post-Doc Positions at Norwegian University of Life Sciences
Noragric, the Department of International Environment and Development Studies at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, has the pleasure to announce three vacant PhD positions and one Post-doctoral position.
All positions are financed by the university. For more information see the announcement texts linked up below.
Please forward this to anyone it could be of interest for.
3 PHD Positions
Climate, conflict and food security <http://bit.ly/2l2H6rF>
Priority will be given to creative and innovative proposals addressing “climate, conflict and food security” within or across the following thematic foci:
1) Sustainability, climate resilient development pathways, and food security
2) Political change, contestation and conflicts in the context of climate stressors and climate measures
3) Social, political and cultural dimensions of agricultural transformation
Norms and knowledge in global environmental politics<http://bit.ly/2lhuY8H>
Priority will be given to creative and innovative proposals addressing “norms and knowledge in global environmental politics” within or across the following thematic and theoretical foci:
1) The power of norms and knowledge related to environmental politics and to actors such as civil society, scientists, cities, religions, bureaucrats or other
2) Critical research on normative change with a focus that includes but is not limited to global agri-food, sustainable development or climate change governance
3) Science-policy interface and the politics of knowledge and expertise in global governance
Values and institutions for environmental justice<http://bit.ly/2l2sMQ4>
Priority will be given to creative and innovative proposals addressing “values and institutions for environmental justice” within or across the following thematic and theoretical foci:
1) Unequal distribution of socio-environmental damages from development projects.
2) Enforcement of distributive justice in access to socio-environmental benefits.
3) Role of power relations in the distribution of environmental benefits and burdens
Application deadline 2 April 2017
1 Post-doc Position
The political Ecology of the Green Economy<http://bit.ly/2moTabk>
The department hereby invites proposals for a Postdoctoral fellowship attached to the project ‘Greenmentality: A Political Ecology of the Green Economy’. The geographical focus of this project is East Africa and India.
Application deadline: 17 April