Applications are invited for the first Visiting Scholar from the Global South Fellowship to be hosted by the School of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, UNSW Australia.
The School of Social Sciences is currently seeking applications for the Visiting Scholar from the Global South Fellowship (VSGSF). The VSGSF will fund a full time faculty member from a university in the Global South to participate in the academic life of the university for a period of six months. The scholar will make contributions to teaching in the areas of their expertise, enhancing the learning experience of undergraduate and postgraduate students. The scholar will join a vibrant research environment, presenting research papers and meeting with academics sharing common research interests.
It is expected that the relationship developed during the term of the fellowship will continue after the scholar returns to their home university, paving the way for future cooperation in initiatives such as international learning experiences and internships valued by UNSW students. For the purposes of the fellowship, we identify institutions belonging to the Global South as characterized by a lack of resources that would enable their academic staff to engage in international exchanges. Visiting scholars are expected to be continuing employees (tenured) in their home institution, taking leave (such as sabbatical leave) during the duration of the fellowship. The fellowship will provide:
• Return travel (ground transfers and airfares)
• Health insurance
• A daily stipend of AUD $124.00
To be eligible to apply for the fellowship you will:
• Be an established scholar employed by a university in the ‘Global South’
• Have a track record of high quality research outputs and/or evidence of research leading to social or policy impact
• Have 3+ years of experience teaching at either the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
• Have experience successfully mentoring and supervising research students
• Be proficient in both written and spoken English
• Have a PhD in a relevant discipline
More information: https://socialsciences.arts.unsw.edu.au/media/SOSSFile/Visiting_Scholar_from_the_Global_South_Fellowship_Advert_9_Nov_2016.pdf