The newly established Chair of Environmental Economics and Resource Management at Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Germany (Prof. Dr. Stefan Baumgärtner) is seeking a PostDoctoral Researcher in Ecological, Environmental and Resource Economics beginning September 1, 2014 or the earliest date thereafter. The position is full-time (part-time employment can be negotiated), remunerated under state salary scheme TV-L E13, and
normally initially limited to a term of one year which can be extended (term-limit can be negotiated).
The group’s research focuses on the following areas: (1) conceptual foundations of sustainability economics; (2) biodiversity and ecosystem services; (3) risk, resilience and insurance in ecological-economic systems; (4) sustainable rangeland management in semiarid regions; (5) responsibility and sustainability.
- cutting-edge research in one of the group’s research areas
- publication of research results in international journals and presentation at international conferences
- teaching in Bachelor and Master courses and supervision of students’ theses
- PhD in economics or another relevant field
- keen research motivation in one of the group’s research areas
- strong analytical ability
- very good method-based competence and experience preferably in microeconomics, environmental and resource economics, welfare economics or public economics
- ability and willingness for interdisciplinary cooperation are a plus
- good English language proficiency and at least basic German language proficiency
- independence, reliability and good communication skills
- collaboration within an interdisciplinary and internationally successful team at one of the most renowned and attractive universities of Europe
- support for building your own independent scientific career (networking, mentoring, projects, habilitation, leading a junior research group, etc.)
Further information: http://www.leuphana.de/en/professorships/sustainability-economics.html.
Questions to: Stefan Baumgärtner, +49 (0)4131 6772600, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application (including cover letter, CV, transcripts, list of publications/conference presentations, names and contact information of three academic references, short description of research interests) as one single (!) pdf via email to:
Screening of applications begins on August 15, 2014; the position will remain open until it is filled.